Professional and experienced HVAC repair contractors can be able to help you with any Baltimore furnace repair you need. However, there are also some things that you can do yourself in order to troubleshoot and maintain some easy problems you might have with your furnace and central heating system. Continue reading below in order to learn more about the most important steps you should follow to keep your heating system working great.
If you set your thermostat to your desired temperature and your heater doesn’t come on or your circuit breaker might have been operating incorrectly or might have tripped, try turning it off as well as back on again. But, if your thermostat is operated by batteries, you might need to replace its batteries.
Always check your filters. You should also remember that your heating system’s cold air return contains filters and these filters must be replaced or cleaned every three months or so.
If the heater runs off of propane or gas, it will usually have an electronic igniter or a pilot light. If it’s not lit you might have to shut off its gas reset valve and after that, wait for five minutes and try turning it back on. In addition to that, you can also verify if you’re getting gas to your heating system. Lighting the pilot or replacing the igniter might also be necessary.
- Before you do anything on your furnace, you should make sure that the power is off. Do this by removing any fuses or tripping the breaker.
- If the breaker trips repeatedly, or fuses blow continually, and the furnace stays on chances are the problem is electrical. This is the time where you have to call a professional and experienced HVAC repair service provider.
- Sometimes, all you need to do in order to get your system working well again is to hit the reset button. Probably, you might need to do this several times, waiting thirty minutes in between resets.
- You should also check that the furnace’s door is closed and latched completely in order for it to work properly.
- Some furnaces also have fuses on the unit itself. This is why you should also make sure that any fuses you might have are not blown.
- Keep the furnace as well as its surrounding area clean. This is because dirt can also cause issues for your heating system.
- If your heating unit seems to be operating yet no any heat is coming out in your rooms, then chances are the blower unit might be broken or off.
These are effective but simple things to do in order to keep your system in good condition, But, you also need to work with caution when maintaining your units that use gas and electricity. Fortunately, you can always rely on professional and skilled HVAC repair contractors to repair as well as maintain your furnace and central heating system. This is why highly recommended that you only hire a professional to repair your HVAC system.